Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Iva Gueorguieva : I Dreamt That He Took Me Away and We Would Ride and Ride 2009

Iva Gueorguieva : "I Dreamt That He Took Me Away and We Would Ride and Ride 2009"

I found this piece particularly amusing by the constant movement it gave my vision. This piece constantly made me look in all directions with no distinct area that stood out the most. It immediately made me think of a roller coaster, the circular flow, as well as the three-dimensional movement. The title, "I Dreamt That He Took Me Away and We Would Ride and Ride," really helped me grasp more of an understanding to this piece. I feel as if this piece is to resemble a long period of time and the up's and down's that two people shared together. The colors in this piece quickly make me think of a nightmare. The portion of the piece to the center right comes off as a yelling, distorted, cartoon face in my eyes. This all ties into my thoughts that this period of time that the piece resembles, ended up being a nightmare of some sort with a lot of unfortunate events. I feel like this piece is the perfect explanation to ones negative experiences. The way this artwork can immediately relate to a series of unfortunate events, without being illustrative, intrigues me the most about this artists work.

No comments:

Post a Comment